Top 5 Hot Stone Massage Benefits
Hot stone massage is a treatment being practiced for thousands of years. In fact, it was written that it may have already been used as an ancient healing tradition in India from 5,000 years ago; in Japan from 4,000 years ago, in Ancient China from 2,000 years ago and has since spread throughout the rest of the world. Today, hot stone massage is still widely used as a way to treat pains and aches as well as to give the body its much-needed rejuvenation and relaxation.
Though there are countless hot stone massage benefits, here are the top 5 we have gathered which will make you want to head on to a massage salon near you immediately. A hot stone massage only takes about an hour to an hour and a half per session. Heated stones are placed on target areas of your body to relieve pain and produce its awesome benefits.
- Not only athletes but even those who have spent hours on their office seats, which made their backs sore need a hot stone massage. This form of massage is a very effective way to relieve all sorts of pains and aches particularly contracted and strained muscles.
- A hot stone massage also greatly decreases the levels of chronic stress and tension which is very common especially in the usual hustle and bustle of current times.
- Not only will you be refreshed and rejuvenated, another one of the many hot stone massage benefits is that it helps increase your joints’ flexibility, hence making it easier for you to move around. This comes in very helpful for those who just want a smoother time doing their daily tasks and a whole lot more.
- Even some doctors would recommend a hot stone massage as it provides relief from a range of sicknesses and illnesses such as a variety of chronic conditions, carpal tunnel syndrome for those who are always on their computers, arthritis and fibromyalgia, among many others.
- A hot stone massage can also promote mind and body balance as therapists will be placing the hot stones and apply pressure on target areas or points in your body that are considered centres of energy. In fact, even depression is said to be relieved with this form of massage.
There are definitely many hot stone massage benefits which is why it has remained as one of the most popular massages and alternative treatments for a wide variety of pains, aches and illnesses. You deserve a little pampering and relaxation too. It is quite understandable how work or school stressed you out, and perhaps you just need a rejuvenating massage that would put you right back on your perfect and most refreshed state. Try out a session of hot stone massage today and we’re pretty sure you’ll be coming back for more in no time.