(a) Reduce breast cancer’s risk
(b) Create great bonding with babies
(c) Provide excellent nutrients for babies
(d) Help uterus return to pre-pregnancy size
- It provides natural antibodies that help your baby resist illnesses
- It is more easily digested. So breastfed babies are often less constipated and gassy.
- It may lower the risk of sudden infant death syndrome in the first year of your baby’s life.
- It may raise your child’s intelligence. Studies show breastfed babies have higher levels of cognitive function.
- Breast milk may even help your child in later years, by reducing the risk of being overweight, and of developing asthma, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, Hodgkin’s disease, leukemia, and lymphoma.
- Women who breastfeed have a reduced risk of breast cancer, diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, and ovarian cancer.
Breast Massage (Lactation Massage) and Milk Supply
Massaging your breasts will clear the milk ducts and cause the milk to flow more freely, which will help empty the breasts and therefore trigger a higher milk production.
Lactation massage is not just for those mothers wanting to increase their milk supply. It is also an important area of breast health that is neglected due to the image that society has created about “touching yourself”.
Your breasts do not get exercise or stimulation, and as a result you will have a fluid build-up, which can lead to breast problems.