The Healing Benefits of a Tui Na Massage
The Tui Na Massage has been in existence in China for thousands of years. It’s actually been written that its history may have begun in 1700BC. This therapeutic massage has been provided to men and women of all ages—from babies to the elderly. It is said that one of the greatest Tui Na benefits is that it perfectly maintains the balance of the body and the mind and improves overall health and wellness.
Various hand techniques are used in Tui Na including shaking, pressing, rolling, tapping, friction, pulling, kneading, gliding and vibration. It is usually used in combination with other manipulation techniques including acupuncture, Chinese herbalism, fire cupping, qigong, t’ai chi and moxibustion. The hands are used to relieve tension on muscles and tendons and with an acupressure technique applied on target areas so that the flow of the Qi is improved which then begins the process of healing. The Tui Na Massage keeps the energy flowing throughout the body as blockages are removed.
There are many Tui Na benefits to enjoy which is why this massage has spread not only in China but across the world as well. With sessions lasting from thirty minutes to one hour depending on your needs, expect to be fully relaxed and rejuvenated after each Tui Na session. Here are some of the advantages of Tui Na Massage:
- Chronic pain on muscles, joints or the skeletal system can be relieved by the Tui Na Massage. The most common parts of the body being treated by Tui Na are the ankles, legs, thighs, hips, back, shoulders and the neck.
- Tui Na benefits also include therapy for various illnesses including muscle spasms, sciatica and arthritis.
- Headaches, insomnia and constipation may also be treated with a Tui Na Massage.
- Other disorders of the reproductive, respiratory and digestive systems can also be treated with sessions of Tui Na.
- Those who are experiencing pain as a side effect of certain drugs or medicines and other chemical-based treatments can also be relieved with the Tui Na Massage. Though the hand techniques of a Tui Na Massage are very similar to a traditional Swedish massage, Tui Na actually focuses on the therapeutic effect on the body rather than just relaxation which is why it deals with the body’s acupressure points. A precautionary measure to take though; if you have any serious illnesses, and you are seeking alternative forms of treatment via a Tui Na Massage it is best to consult with your physician first. While there are many Tui Na benefits that can offer relief for various pains and aches, you shouldn’t treat this as medicine. Check with your doctor if a massage can be suitable for you.